Last week, the baking half of Foodie Pleasure had a work BBQ to prepare for. Needing something that would withstand multiple subway rides around NYC, Seven Layer Bars were the perfect choice. Rich yet simple to prepare, they are ideal when you need something that is both portable and delicious!
- 1/2 C. butter
- 1 1/2 C. graham cracker crumbs
- 1 C. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 C. butterscotch chips
- 1 C. chopped walnuts
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/3 C. coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in 13×9 in. pan, making sure that sides and bottom are coated.
- Cover bottom of pan with graham cracker crumbs, layering all other ingredients on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until coconut reaches golden brown shade. Allow to cool before cutting.
In addition to just how plain delicious these bars are, there’s lots of room for creativity. For example, swap the butterscotch chips with peanut butter or use you favorite type of nut. Whatever you do, you’ll be the hit of the party!
What are your go-to party treats?