Half of Foodie Pleasure grew up in Michigan with a deep appreciation for all things cherry. Though fresh cherries are hard to come by this time of year, dried cherries add fantastic flavor to salads, snack mixes and of course, baked goods. If you love cherries and chocolate, give our ODC3 (Oatmeal Dried Cherry Chocolate Chip) muffins a try!
ODC3 Muffins (makes about 12 muffins)
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1 T. baking powder
- 3/4 t. salt
- 1/2 c. dried cherries
- 1/2 c. chocolate chips
- 3/4 c. old fashioned oats
- 3 T. butter, softened
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare muffin pan using liners or cooking spray.
- Mix together butter, milk, egg and sugar until just blended.
- Add in flour, oatmeal, baking powder and salt.
- Fold in dried cherries and chocolate chips and place in muffin pan.
- Bake for 18-23 minutes and cool in pan for 5 minutes.
We suggest popping these into the microwave for a few seconds and enjoying them with your favorite warm beverage for a sweet and hearty winter treat. As always, let us know what you think if you give our ODC3 Muffins a try!