Last weekend, a friend came over to Foodie Pleasure-land for an afternoon visit. Not only is this particular guy a great friend and cook, he’s vegan so he always inspires the baking half of FP to give new recipes a try. After scouring the web for recipes and to ensure that dried cherries fell into that category, the result follows. Though we don’t subscribe to a vegan lifestyle, we’ll definitely keep these cookies in our baking rotation!
Dried Cherry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 T. canola oil
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 t vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in separate bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring until combined.
- Drop by 1 T. portions onto parchment-lined baking pan.
- Bake approx. 9 minutes or until a light golden brown color is reached. Let set for a few minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Please let us know if you give these cookies a try!