Dessert Professional has announced their Top 10 Pastry Chefs in America for 2014 and the winners will be featured in the upcoming August issue of the magazine. Awards will be given to the pastry chefs in recognition for their talent and unique culinary visions. As big fans of dessert (who isn’t?!), we’re looking forward to to tasting the chefs’s special treats firsthand on Monday, June 2 at ICE (The Institute of Culinary Education). To celebrate the awards turning twenty-one, specialty cocktails from talented mixologists will also be paired with the desserts.
Selected from the entire country, here are this year’s Top Ten Pastry Chefs in America. Congrats to each of them!
- Georges Berger: MOF, Owner at Chocolate Fashion (Miami, FL)
- Ebow Dadzie: Pastry Chef at NY Marriott Marquis, (New York, NY) and Pastry Instructor at Monroe College (New Rochelle, NY)
- Della Gossett: Executive Pastry Chef at Spago (Los Angeles, CA)
- Katzie Guy-Hamilton: F&B Director and Corporate Pastry Chef at Max Brenner Worldwide
- Cher Harris: Executive Pastry Chef at The Hotel Hershey (Hershey, PA)
- Joshua Johnson: Executive Pastry Chef at Vanille Patisserie (Chicago, IL)
- Ghaya Oliveira: Executive Pastry Chef at Restaurant Daniel (New York, NY)
- Derek Poirier: Ecole du Grand Chocolate Pastry Chef Western USA at Valrhona USA
- Rudi Weider: Master Pastry Chef at Hilton San Diego Bayfront (San Diego, CA)
- Jennifer Yee: Executive Pastry Chef at Lafayette (New York, NY)
As big fans of Careers through Culinary Arts Program (C-CAP), we were excited to learn that this year’s Hall of Fame Honoree is Richard Grausman, Founder & Chairman of C-CAP. We learned more about Mr. Grausman and C-CAP in an interview back in October 2012, One of America’s most respected culinary educators, he is the author of French Classics Made Easy and the former U.S. representative for Le Cordon Bleu de Paris.
Dessert Professional is proud to commemorate C-CAP’s upcoming twenty-fifth anniversary and Grausman’s work by instituting the inaugural Dessert Professional C-CAP Scholarship. The scholarship will be awarded annually (starting in 2015) to an exceptional C-CAP student and can be applied to any pastry and baking program at ICE.
On Monday June 2, we’ll make sure to leave room for dessert as we can’t wait to taste what the Top 10 Pastry Chefs in America have in store for us. We hope to see you there!Top 10 Pastry Chefs in America Monday, June 2 at 5:30 pm The Institute of Culinary Education 50 West 23rd Street New York, NY 10010