If you enjoy the concept of a pop-up dinner, mark your calendar for Wednesday, April 20. Luke Venner, Executive Chef at elm (New Canaan) and Tyler Anderson, Chef/Owner at critically acclaimed Millwright’s (Simsbury) will share the kitchen once again. The two chefs met in 2007, when Venner worked under Anderson as Chef de Cuisine at Millwright’s. Back in November, Allen had the opportunity to eat at elm and ensures you’re in for a treat!
The menu is light hearted and features several dishes influenced by California where both chefs worked in the San Francisco Bay Area. The menu will be divided into a section of smaller dishes all priced at $15 and a section of larger dishes priced at $25 recommended for sharing.
Small Plates ($15)
- Raw fluke, walnut cream, caviar
- Strawberry, burrata, green almond
- Crab toast, peas, ham hock, mint
- Charred asparagus & radishes, guanciale, absinthe
- Veal tartare, cucumber, black garlic
- Roasted carrots, farro horchatta, candied lime
- Grilled artichokes, dill pesto, chevre
Large Plates ($25)
- Gnocchetti Sardi, sea urchin, lamb’s quarters
- Whole wheat reginetti, morel crema, green peppercorn
- Tandori octopus, avocado, canary melon
- Grilled branzino, shrimp mousseline, chimmichuri broth
- Roasted quail, sausage & fennel stuffing
- Dry aged burger, double-double “animal style”
- Smoked Wagyu tri-tip, sweet & sour onions.
Like the menu? Make your reservation now on Open Table or by calling (203) 920-4994!Elm Restaurant 73 Elm Street New Canaan, CT 06840